Society Introduces 2023 Officers & Board of Directors
NEW YORK (January 3, 2023) — RIMS, the risk management society®, today announced that Jennifer Santiago will lead the Society as president for the 2023 term, effective January 1.
Ms. Santiago is the Director, Risk Management & Safety at Wakefern Food Corp., the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the United States with over $18B in revenues and 51 member companies that independently own and operate more than 360 retail supermarkets. For Wakefern, she sets the vision and strategic direction for corporate and member risk management, insurance risk financing, captive management and safety management programs across the enterprise.
Previously, Ms. Santiago was the Assistant Vice President & Chief Risk Officer (CRO) at The Pennsylvania State University. Her experience includes leading enterprise risk management, operational risk, ethics & compliance risk and insurance initiatives at Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation, Ingersoll Rand, Arthur J Gallagher Risk Management Services and NYU Medical Center.
“The road to organizational resilience starts with leadership of the risk management professional,” said RIMS 2023 President Jennifer Santiago. “Around the world, risk professionals have taken the initiative, stepping up to lead strategies that empower smart decision-making and innovation.
“However, current risks show no sign of stabilizing and this highly uncertain environment will require risk leaders to lean on each other, to share experiences and embrace diverse thoughts and perspectives to successfully address them. RIMS is an invaluable platform for risk management collaboration, and I am honored to help ensure that it continues to deliver opportunities that unite, inspire and build a safer, more resilient world.”
Ms. Santiago has been a RIMS member for over 15 years, serving on the Society’s Board of Directors since 2014. She earned her BA and MBA from Rutgers University and Montclair State University, respectively, and holds a RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional certification (RIMS-CRMP). She is also a member of the George Mason University Chief Risk Officer Advisory Council.
- President: Jennifer Santiago, RIMS-CRMP, ARM, MBA; Director, Risk Management and Safety, Wakefern Food Corp.
- Vice President: David E. Arick, ARM; Assistant Treasurer, Global Risk Management, International Paper Company.
- Treasurer: Kristen Peed, RIMS-CRMP, AIC, ARM-E, CPCU, CRM, RPLU; Director of Corporate Risk Management, CBIZ, Inc.
- Secretary: Kevin Bates; Group Head of Risk & Insurance, Lendlease.
- Penni Chambers; Vice President, Risk Management, Hillwood a Perot Company.
- Tina Gardiner; Manager, Risk Management Services, The Regional Municipality of York (Ontario).
- Christy Kaufman, CPCU; Vice President of Risk Management, Zillow Group.
- John Kline, CPCU, ARM; Director, Risk & Insurance Management, Discover Financial Services.
- Manuel Padilla; ARM, AIC, SPPA, CPRM, Vice President, Risk Management & Insurance, MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated.
- Christie Weinstein; Director, Risk Management, Honeywell International Inc.
- Ex Officio: Patrick Sterling, SPHR, SHRM-SCP; Vice President, Legendary People, Texas Roadhouse.
To learn more about RIMS leadership, visit www.RIMS.org.